Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Paradise SOLD, where shall I go for happiness?

It's a sad day... My happy place has been sold.  For the past 6 years The Michael Mondavi Family Winery (a.k.a. Folio) has been my paradise, my "Happy Place", where I would sit on the back porch (sometimes after hours) and listen to the wind blow up from the San Francisco Bay and rustle through the leaves.  I can't tell you how many rush hour traffic afternoons were calmed by imagining myself on that back porch, sipping a cool glass of Isabel Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon Deep Rose.  That image can lower my blood pressure in seconds.

It was announced that the Carneros winery and vineyard was sold to the pharmaceutical billionaire Kieu Hoang.  It sounds like Hoang intends on producing wine from the vineyards in the on site facility, but it just won't be the same.  I am so glad we stopped off there on our last trip so I could share the beauty of Carneros with my friends.  Guess now I need to find a new place... Maybe the beautiful Viader on Howell Mountain?

Michael Mondavi Family Winery Sells Carneros Property to Pharmaceuticals Billionaire | News | News & Features | Wine Spectator

Until next time,
Your Vine Therapist




No comments:

Post a Comment